This information is brought to you by business.gov.au
Review of Australian contract law
Thursday 05 April 2012
A review of Australian contract law is now underway, with businesses and individuals invited to comment on a discussion paper exploring the scope for reform.
The paper considers whether Australian contract law could be reformed to:
- improve accessibility, certainty and simplicity
- set standards of conduct
- better support innovation and participation in the digital economy
- better meet the needs of businesses
- promote long-term relationships between parties
- harmonise and internationalise contract law.
If you have had problems as a business or individual when contracting and believe that reforms could address these issues, you are encouraged to comment. Comments can also address other matters relevant to contract law.
Submissions must be received by the Attorney General’s office before COB Friday 20 July 2012.
Further information on the review is available on the Attorney General’s website.
Find more consultations like this by visiting our Business Consultation website.