22nd October, 2011 marks the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s Pink Ribbon Breakfast, where women across the country are encouraged to gather for fundraising events to help raise awareness for breast cancer. To help inspire you to think pink and host your very own high-tea inspired event, the Australian Egg Corporation has developed two delicious Egg, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Double Decker Sandwich and Cupcake recipes.
$0.40 per serve
Preparation time: 15 minutes, cooking time: 25-30 minutes
125g polyunsaturated margarine
1 cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cups wholemeal plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup low fat milk
24 muffin papers
25g polyunsaturated margarine
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp low fat milk
Few drops of pink food colouring
1. Preheat oven to 180 c.
2. Place muffin papers in to cupcake baking trays.
3. Place margarine into a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and pale in colour.
4. Add sugar slowly until well combined.
5. Add the eggs very slowly one after the other.
6. Add the vanilla essence and beat until all ingredients are well combined.
7. Sift flour and baking powder, add half to the margarine mixture with half the milk, mix until well combined and repeat by adding the remaining flour, baking powder and milk.
8. Fill papers ¾ full, place into the oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, insert a skewer into the middle of a cupcake if it comes out clean the cupcakes are ready.
9. Transfer to a cooling rack and set aside to cool completely.
10. For the icing, cream the margarine until pale and smooth.
11. Add the milk and half the icing sugar and a few drops of food colouring.
12. Beat until well combined then add the remaining icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
13. Spread the icing onto the cold cupcakes and serve.
If the icing is to thin add a little more icing sugar, if it is to firm add more milk.
© Australian Egg Corporation. For more free recipes visit the website egg.org.au