A high-tea favourite, the Egg, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Double Decker is a scrumptious light option that is effortless to create. Three simple ingredients – hearty egg, indulgent smoked salmon and refreshing cucumber, stacked in between fresh wholemeal slices to create a layered, mouth-watering delight! The Egg, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Double Decker is not only scrumptious; it also provides fibre and iron and is a great source of folate- making them a commendable choice for lunch.
Egg, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Double Decker Sandwiches
$4.50 per serve
Preparation time: 10 minutes, cooking time
4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
4 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
9 slices wholegrain bread
100g smoked salmon, sliced
1 medium size Lebanese cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Pepper to taste
1. Place eggs into a bowl, add mayonnaise and pepper and mash with a fork.
2. Place four slices of bread onto a clean surface.
3. Top with salmon, cucumber and onion.
4. Top with another slice of bread and spread over the egg mixture.
5. Finish with the remaining bread slices.
6. Cut into fingers and serve.
Delicious with baby capers in the smoked salmon layer
A serve of Egg, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Double Decker Sandwiches is a good source of folate, and a source of fibre and iron.
© Australian Egg Corporation. For more free recipes visit the website egg.org.au