This year Jean Hailes for Women’s Health will again use internet technology to reach thousands of women across Australia. Jean Hailes third annual community webcast, Fifty Shades of Midlife – mood, menopause & more, will be broadcast live online from 7.30 to 9pm AEST (Sydney/Melbourne time) on Wednesday 31 October 2012. The webcast is being offered free of charge and everyone’s invited.
You can take part in the 2012 webcast in three ways: Watch from home; Watch with a group of friends; or Organise a community event for women where you live.
In 2010, Jean Hailes first community webcast ‘Making your 40s Fabulous’ attracted an audience of more than 2,000 women, with almost 70 group events taking place across Australia on the night.
If you are interested in organising a community event where you live, visit the Jean Hailes website for more information: http://www.jeanhailes.org.au/resources/webcasts/community-webcast-2012
Jean Hailes based their choice of webcast topics on feedback they received from women and health professionals. These are the things that Australian women want and need to hear more about:
• managing menopause
• mental health and emotional wellbeing
• natural therapies and nutrition
• sexuality, libido and desire
This year’s webcast will be hosted by Dr Feelgood herself, Dr Sally Cockburn. You’ll also hear from Guest speakers:
- Dr Elizabeth Farrell, Gynaecologist at Jean Hailes for Women’s Health;
- Professor Jane Fisher, Clinical Psychologist and Jean Hailes Director of Research;
- Maureen Matthews, Sex Educator and Columnist for The Sunday Age; and
- Sandra Villella, Naturopath at Jean Hailes for Women’s Health.
More information is available on the Jean Hailes website at: http://www.jeanhailes.org.au/resources/webcasts/community-webcast-2012