This information is brought to you by business.gov.au
Paying tax online
Paying your tax online is a fast, convenient and secure way to do business. The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) offers a range of online services to make compliance easier. To ensure that your privacy is protected you need a free ATO digital certificate to access most of these services.
If you have a digital certificate, then these online services are available to you:
- lodge monthly, quarterly or annual activity statements
- update your Australian Business Number (ABN) details
- lodge Pay As You Go (PAYG) summary reports
- lodge excise fuel grants schemes claims
- lodge superannuation statements and reports
- submit and access temporary residents’ online applications.
You can also apply online for an ABN, Goods and Services Tax (GST), PAYG witholding and a business Tax File Number (TFN) through the Australian Business Register .
Other payment options
Tax can also be paid electronically by BPAY, direct credit or direct debit. You can also make mail payments or Australian Post Office payments.
What to do…
- For online payments, go to the ATO’s Online services page.
- Find out about the free tax support the ATO provides.
- See the Business Portal essentials for how to register for a digital certificate.
- For other ways to pay, go to the Payment options and methods page.
- Go to the Australian Business Register to apply for an ABN, GST, PAYG and a business TFN.