This information is brought to you by business.gov.au
A range of taxes affect small business, so before you begin operating you’ll need to know what you must do to comply with government taxation regulations.
- Register for an Australian Business Number (ABN)
The ABN is a unique number that identifies your business.
- Register for Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) | Taxation
FBT is a tax payable by employers for benefits paid to an employee or the employee’s associate in place of salary or wages.
- Register for Goods & Services Tax (GST) | Taxation
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a broad-based tax of 10 percent on the sale of most goods and services and other things in Australia.
- Register for Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding | Taxation
Pay As You Go (PAYG) withholding is a legal requirement to withhold amounts for income tax purposes.
- Register for a Tax File Number (TFN) | Taxation
A Tax File Number (TFN) is a unique number issued by the Tax Office to individuals and organisations.
- Register for Payroll Tax | Taxation
Pay-roll tax is a state tax on the wages paid by employers. It is calculated on the amount of wages you pay per month.